research interests: evaluation of adverse selection in insurance markets due to genetic testing, merit-rating systems in automobile insurance, the impact of firearm deaths on life expectancies in the united states
The major areas of research currently pursued by the Statistics Department's faculty include:
- Application of probability models to marketing in optimal product design
- Methods for analyzing data when confidentiality of individual records needs to be maintained
- Application of time-series analysis to financial economics
- Methods for DNA sequence analysis
For information on principal research activities by faculty and details on research publications see our research papers and publications.
- Research Papers / Publications
Listing of research publications, working papers, and books by all Statistics faculty.
- Research Centers
View links to various research centers that departmental faculty participate in.
- Wharton Statistics Seminars
Recent and upcoming seminars and conferences.